KE

Based on 3,605 Ratings
3,233
Posted on Jun 17, 2022
Great for stomach

Prefer this type of vitamin c rather than the ordinary one, for sometimes it causes heartburn (i have pretty bad stomach condition), worst when took it before meal in the morning. The quality for this product is good with a cheaper price. Difference between ordinary vitamin C (ascorbic acid) & calcium ascorbate-c: Ordinary Vitamin C/ Arcorbic Acid: - found in vegetables and fruits we consumed daily - the acidity may cause diarrhea, upset stomach or heartburn for some people Calcium Ascorbate-C: - a combination of about 9-11% calcium & 89-91% ascorbic acid - may be a better option for those who have stomach problem (the calcium helps buffer the acid) - make sure you don't push your calcium intake over the tolerable upper intake level when you take into account the other foods and supplements you're consuming

ae4c8444-8507-4ff1-9fdc-7dcd46707eeb
Posted on Apr 19, 2022

This is our go-to non-acidic Vitamin C. It doesn't irritate our stomach. We have repurchased this so many times here on iHerb. Good quality ingredients as always from Now Foods. No taste and easy to swallow. Great way to have antioxidants daily to fight off any infection.

3573d650-2aec-4d70-b9c2-40bb4455428d
71bb6c5d-999e-49db-b893-1aa98987c60e
Posted on Feb 18, 2022

As a type of vitamin C, calcium ascorbate also offers health benefits, such as improving immune functioning, repairing damaged tissues, and promoting bone, teeth, and skin health. C-500, another excellent product from NOW, a trusted brand in food supplements. Great packaging and it arrived earlier than expected. Kudos iHerb!

ae602294-7e0c-44dd-9714-c4657d40ef16
Posted on Feb 14, 2022

Please help me by pressing like, may you and your family always be blessed . After 2 weeks of taking it, I can confirm that this vitamin is very safe for people with GERD. Vitamin C is a water soluble nutrient well known for its vital role in the immune system. Vitamin C is also necessary for the production of collagen (a structural protein in connective tissue) and is therefore important for skin, bone, and joint health. Vitamin C is needed for amino acid metabolism, neurotransmitter synthesis, and the utilization of many nutrients, such as folic acid and iron. It is also a highly effective antioxidant that can protect the body's cells and molecules from damage by free radicals and reactive oxygen molecules generated during normal metabolism and exposure to environmental stressors. This product supplies Calcium Ascorbate, a buffered form of Vitamin C that is bioavailable and non-acidic; it is enhanced with Bioflavonoids, which work synergistically with Vitamin C.

b7e9a1e1-3aef-4fdb-8535-3af47ba51958

Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps protect against the effects of free radical, but the body does not store vitamin C so have to take it on a daily basis. I am suffering from anemia, I take vitamin C together with iron tablet as vitamin C helps the body to absorb iron. As vitamin C is water soluble, so I do recommend taking a lot of water to aid absorption. Like this product, great price and excellent quality!

Mihaikl
Posted on Jan 10, 2023

Like many I have upped my supplements due to the pandemic. I have been having stomach acid issues for years now and regular vitamin C may have been bothering me. Along with other changes like low acid coffee, I don't seem to be bothered in the morning by any acid when using these. I've tried to go back to my supply of cheaper C's but always seem to notice some acid.

Posted on Jan 1, 2023

This is high quality antioxidant with high potency, because this vitamin C is in acid-free form, which is important for those who have problems with stomach, heartburns, it is also better for kidneys than c vit.in acid form and easier to absorb to your body. Easy to swallow and with great benefit in it- with bioflavanoids, so the effect of this vitamin C is even better.

Posted on Nov 25, 2022

Quality ingredients and average potency. The size of the tablets is quite large but I don't have any issue with swallowing them. Great price for so many tablets. No taste and don't upset my stomach. I keep Vitamin C around year-long and will continue to buy this product.

Posted on Jul 23, 2022

As the seasons change, or whenever I feel a bit off, I pop a vitamin C. This C is clean, effective, and does the job. The price point is also appreciated. The packaging is secure and concise. It's nice not to need to lug around a bulky vitamin jar when traveling. If this review was helpful, or you purchased and enjoyed this product too, hit the like button!

Posted on Jul 12, 2022

Its so good ths product, that why i recommend this to my friends and my family. I take 2x a day day and night after my meal. The love i most this is my stomach will not in acid. The quality is good is worth to buy and i can't get cough am and snooze after I used this product. Its my 2nd order by the way. Thank you.