KE

Posted on May 16, 2022
Authentic Char Siu Flavor!

I used on St Louis Ribs, marinated overnight, then slow cooked on my Weber with guava wood for 6-7 hours. Rested overnight in fridge and reheated to serve. Flavor, color and taste were perfect. Next time I will add a pinch or so on Cayenne to influence the taste a little without making the flavor spicy. Definitely a worthy product for one’s pantry!

074c4a78-650d-4efc-9a9b-58a490a389b6
Posted on Sep 18, 2021

If you've ever tried barbecue pork in Hong Kong, or a Char Siu Bao in Hawai'i, then you will know what you are getting with this Noh Chinese Barbecue Seasoning. I followed the instructions exactly on this one, which calls for 1 and 1/2 lbs. of pork or chicken (I used pork), but I added another half pound of cut pork cubes (like for curry). 1/2 cup of water and the mix and I marinated the meat in a steal bowl overnight. The instructions call for cooking 20 minutes at 350 on one side then flipping for another 20 minutes. At 40 minutes, my cubes were done, so I took them out, and decided to give the block of meat another 20 minutes. It came out perfect. At about $2 a pack of mix, this is a bargain, and is one of Noh's best products. It's ono (delicious) and very authentic.

Posted on May 1, 2022

Package serving size is just right for a family of 4 when using in a recipe. The taste is flavorful, composition of ingredients are quality and easy to fix. The benefit is eating a restaurant meal at home without the high cost ! we like this product and will buy again I recommend.

Posted on Apr 3, 2022

I really think the flavor of the marinade is great. It's a really simple recipe only requiring water and pork. The package is comprised of pink powder. I use it mainly to make char siu roasted pork, or sometimes for ribs. I think the resulting roast is awesome, but the problem is, there is so much red food coloring, it feels kind of sketchy. If you get it on your fingers, they'll stain pink, so wear some gloves when you're making it. It's overall really good, but I think that they can reduce the red food colorings.

Posted on Oct 19, 2021

It was my first time ordering some seasoning mix in iherb, and it was so delicious. Will definitely ordering again. My husband complemented me for such a great dish, and of course, thanks for this 😊☺️

Posted on Oct 17, 2021

Our Char Sui came dry clean and fresh. So good to find something nice from our past to eat and was the same good quality from great memories. So worth buying and will be buying again.

Posted on Sep 30, 2021

If you love Chinese bbq ribs that’s what you need, now you can do It at home , love the taste, just marinate it and grill it , absolutely must have seasoning in the kitchen .

Posted on Mar 25, 2022

I’d use this if I didn’t want to buy all the ingredients separately, or if I was travelling and had a kitchen to cook in. It’s not the best char siu I’ve had, it’s good enough. Because I was home I very, very lightly brushed some hoisin sauce on it. That levelled it to good. My mom always made it with hoisin so that could be the reason I needed that flavour. If I hadn’t had char siu from a gazillion places I might rate this 4 or 5 stars. But I’ve had a lot of char siu in my life. As for next time I make some, I’ll keep searching the internet for a better recipes.

Posted on Jul 15, 2022

Need to marinate the pork or chicken in this sauce before baking the pork or chicken. Taste is good but I won't go over the moon for it.