KE

Posted on Apr 17, 2022
Works as intended!

I was taking sodium butyrate from another company but this one seems to be more effective for my gut and I am only taking half a dose than what it's written on the bottle. Whenever I take it I can eat whatever I want without having stomach issues like before. It truly is a remarkable supplement

75ca1189-415a-40b3-888a-d826ccdd9a18
Posted on Aug 12, 2021

Bought this for hubby who is constantly dealing with painful diverticulitis. There are some studies on the internet that recommend sodium butyrate as a preventative measure and given it is a natural anti inflammatory for the bowel it seemed possible that it should help. He's been taking it for three months now and in that time he has had no major attacks. Just two mild ones where he felt the symptoms for about 2 days that usually signal the onset of a major attack but then the symptoms went away. This is such an improvement on what he has been living with.

Posted on May 6, 2022

I have several food intolerances that are very difficult to avoid all the time. This helps me mitigate the effect of the ingestion of certain foods on my digestive system. Also, my dermatographia (linked to mast cell activation syndrome that is often present in autoimmune diseases, autism, atopic skin etc) is less pronounced whenever I take this. It also seems to reduce my craving for snacks in-between meals. The only downside of this supplement for me is that I have to watch my sodium intake.

It took me several attempts of trial and error to get the dose that was right for me. On the bottle it says to take it with food. I found that gave me loose bowels. I researched online, read customer reviews, and read message boards. Folk said to take it away from food - so I tried that. I had good success with taking it at bedtime (it doesn't affect my sleep) and a second dose before lunch. The main benefit is that my IBS symptoms have all but disappeared. I also take the following combination: 1 peppermint oil capsule four times/day, 2 pau d'arco three times/day, and 1/4tsp triphala powder three times/day. Unlike most of the people who post on the message boards I prefer the calcium/magnesium combination butyrate to the sodium butyrate. They think you get better results but for me both are the same). I'm just a bit wary of supplementing with sodium.

Posted on Mar 25, 2022

This is my second bottle & is changed my life. I've had bad gut issues since I last part my stomach & intestines after a gastric fistula occurred. This as improved my life so much. Noticed after 4 weeks that I was tolerating food better - especially dairy. After to struggling with diarrhoea regularly - haver had about in 6 weeks. Ordered for my daughter as well (she's lactose intolerant) & she is doing better too. Haven't had to use Lacteeze in 4 weeks now - was using it daily.

Posted on Mar 8, 2022

Very helpful supplement, I will definitely buy again. I was concerned about sodium hydroxide listed as an ingredient; the manufacturer email response to my inquiry: " The sodium hydroxide is listed under the ingredients because it is used in the mix for creating the product. During the process, the hydroxide is neutralized by the butyric acid, creating the sale form of sodium butyrate. This being said, we do not believe that there is any of the pure sodium hydroxide in the final product."

Posted on Dec 18, 2021

This product has helped my gut problems immensely. The size is great value for money too. Also the quality is good as I've tried so many medicines for irritable bowel without success. I don't know about the ingredients only that it works. Anyone who has gut problems, i would suggest trying this product.

Posted on Dec 14, 2021

I take it every day for gut health, while also eating starchy tubers and rice to help my own body’s endogenous production. My digestion improved noticeably and glucose metabolism has improved. I definitely notice when I forget to take it some days. Butyrate is beneficial for promoting integrity of the tight junctions of the gut lining by feeding colonocytes.

Posted on Oct 13, 2021

I am very pleased with this product and the large amount of butyrate contained in the capsules. I have re-ordered it, this time a bigger pack. It doesn't cause me any GI problems and I think it affects my guts well. There are a lot of scientific papers about positive effect that sodium butyrate has on guts.

Posted on Aug 9, 2022

After a holiday in Bali I head a lot of issues with my stomach and gut. After eating just a little bit I looked like I was pregnant. Nothing helped except of these pills. I am taking two with every main meal and after a week my stomach was flat again. Also my mood and skin improved. Yes, they smell strange but they helped great! I highly recommend!