Page 1 - Reviews - Bob's Red Mill, Shredded Coconut, Unsweetened, 12 oz (340 g) - iHerb
KE
Posted on May 7, 2022

The quality and ingredients of this product is great... used it in many servings and recipes... Shredded coconut is “grated” bits of coconut, usually in long thin strips/strands. They are then dried out, but still, retain more moisture than desiccated coconut. Desiccated coconut is finely ground coconut, rather than bigger strips. A 1-cup serving of shredded coconut provides 4 grams of dietary fiber. Coconut is naturally free of cholesterol, whether you have raw coconut meat, coconut milk, coconut water or coconut oil. Cook it with oatmeal, overnight oatmeal, or other porridges. Sprinkle away—onto pancakes, citrusy fruit salads, yogurt, smoothies, popcorn... Toasting is optional but very recommended. Go all-out: Coconut bars!

Posted on May 2, 2022

We use this type of coconut for making coconut macaroons. The quality is good and the flake is fine, absorbs the condensed coconut milk very easily and makes a moist cookie. I do recommend! Not as fine of a flake as some other products (the angel type), but fine enough for this application.

Posted on Mar 17, 2022

Let's face it, most of the shredded coconut you find in the stores has added sugars...which is not ideal for those of us trying to cut sugar from our diets. This is unsweetened...meaning you're getting pure coconut (which really doesn't need any added sweetness to begin with!) It tastes great, and I use it in lots of yummy recipes, such as coconut pies, macaroons, cookies, and more. I'm always pleased with the quality of Bob's Red Mill products, and this is no exception.

Posted on Jan 9, 2022

Superb!! I actually don't like coconut, but I toast this and it's a whole different food group... I use it to make my signature Toasted Coconut Haystacks with an excellent dark chocolate. That's all - - just the toasted coconut & chocolate, and it's a best seller. In Mexico, most shredded coconut comes with powdered sugar, and since I am living here now, I was thrilled to find iHerb carrying Bob's Red Mill shredded coconut in really strong, resealable packaging. It is even less expensive than another site I was using, so I'm thrilled. I know Bob's Red Mill is of the highest quality, as I used their products in the U.S.

Posted on Nov 17, 2021

I use this unsweetened coconut in my Keto granola. It is mostly nuts and seeds and ground flax, coconut oil and this lovely coconut. The coconut gives it that full taste, slightly sweet. The many forms of coconut on the market are a substitution for many other foods and textures that I would otherwise miss.

Posted on May 29, 2022

I love the Bob's Red Mill brand and love that I can trust the quality of their ingredients. I really enjoy their coconut and find it great to use for baking recipes. The package is a decent size. I actually prefer the coconut flakes to shredded coconut, which are a bit larger chunks than shredded, so keep an eye out for which one you prefer when you are buying.

Posted on May 27, 2022

I love their products! Good quality good taste and seals are good too ! Very important point for me . Most of the other company’s Resealing part really not impressive at all! But here they did a great job 👏

Posted on May 4, 2022

I trust Bob's Red Mill products and always appreciate the affordable prices. This is good quality shredded coconut with no unnecessary sweetener or other ingredients.

Posted on May 2, 2022

My husband and I make a homemade granola that calls for two cups of coconut. This Bob’s Red Mill brand tastes great and the shreds are smaller than the brand I bought previously ; I think the smaller size works better with the other ingredients.

Posted on Apr 13, 2022

A great versatile dry coconut flake. We add it to both backed goods as savory stir fry dishes (with coconut milk) for added flavor and texture and of course extra nutrition.