KE
4.6

4.6
iHerbCustomer
Posted on Jan 18, 2023
YOU MUST have this for making pizzas or BAGELS (OF COURSE CORN MUFFINS!)

To make pizzas or bagels in a STORE...they use cornmeal. IN THE HOME, it's the best trick. Sprinkle on the peel (Paddle) or the entire surface you roll the dough out on! I also add sesame seeds, so they get imbedded into the dough as you roll it. This adds NO FLAVOR to the products you bake, but makes sliding them in and out a BREEZE!

Posted on Sep 20, 2022

Arrowhead is excellent brand that makes quality products. My wife used this cornmeal yesterday as an ingredient to make corn bread. They came out delicious. We noticed this cornmeal is more finely ground, which is important when you're aiming to bake bread or muffins that have a moister and smoother texture.

Posted on Sep 16, 2022

Posted on Aug 15, 2022

This is a great product imho. I prepare it with salt in a saucepan on the kitchen range (not in the microwave). Takes about 6 minutes including about 3 minutes after it comes to a boil. That's time-consuming in todays world but i have gotten used to doing this. (The problem with cooking it in the microwave for me is that it's difficult to keep it from overflowing the bowl, but maybe i'm just microwave-challenged). I really like the taste. Sometimes i add blueberries or cranberries, but actually i like the taste of the product all by itself so well i usually don't add fruit. I also think it's a great low-cost alternative to corn flakes; and, unlike some oats, corn meal is gluten free. And did i mention, it's organic, which is great. One package makes about 18 servings according to the label, but i usually get about 20 servings out of one package.

Posted on May 12, 2022

Posted on Aug 20, 2022

I originally wanted to use this cornmeal for southern style skillet fried corn bread, however this meal is fine, almost powder fine, thus the texture is quite different, meaning I have to use a different recipe in cooking with this cornmeal. It is still an excellent meal and I wish this brand had a corser grind to offer as well as a larger package size. This meal is better for making a polenta.

Posted on Apr 3, 2022

Very nice quality and ingredient yellow cornmeal from Arrowhead mills, the taste turns out delicious and give us benefit for health. I use it for my bakery recipe and my family are happy with that. I made it serving for once a week and their package is so good and you can see the quality through the bag.

Posted on Apr 19, 2022

I purchased this to make corn fritters because it is organic and non GMO. I use it weekly and love it. Great texture and taste!

Posted on Jan 6, 2022

This cornmeal was a bit finer than expected. I felt it was a cross between what I expected and cornflour. The fine grain meant that I did not need to soak it in boiling water before adding it to bread, so that was good. It would be very easy to use in baking. The quality seemed to be high, especially for this price. It made a very nice rye and corn bread with a good flavor. The texture was chewy, like a full rye bread, but with flex of golden cornmeal, giving it a nice appearance. The ziplock package was not very good. It seems that all the Arrowhead Mills slide locks do not seal easily and the fine grain of this cornmeal meant that bits get stuck in the zipper making it impossible to close. If you get this, have another bag or container ready so you can store the bag inside. The bread photoed was made with two parts rye, one part cornmeal, two parts white flour, and one part oatmeal with some extra gluten flour to help it rise.

fb956942-d8f3-484e-8d7d-efc267446d3a