Reduce Frizzy Hair with a Homemade Serum
This blog has not been approved by your local health department and is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment, or medical advice.
Curly or straight, frequent washing leaves hair dry and frizzy by removing its natural oils. Thankfully adding oils to your hair care routine can effectively smooth the frizz.
Olive oil contains fatty acids that are exceptionally nutrient-rich for the hair and scalp. Jojoba oil is similar to the skin’s natural sebum, so it easily seeps into the follicles and dissolves dirt and sebum buildup that can clog the follicle and inhibit hair growth.
This hair serum, made from natural ingredients, adds fragrant oils that also promote growth. Lavender and peppermint essential oils increase blood flow to the scalp to stimulate natural hair growth. Researchers have found that lavender oil thickens hair by increasing the number of hair follicles on the scalp, and it prevents hair loss by increasing the depth of the follicles. Peppermint oil also encourages blood flow with similar effects. Products for baldness and thinning often include peppermint oil. It is very strong, so it must be diluted in a gentler base like olive oil.
Natural Serum for Dry Frizzy Hair
- 1 Tbs. jojoba oil
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 12 drops lavender essential oil
- 6 drops peppermint essential oil
- Pour ingredients into a container. A jar or bottle is ideal.
- Shake gently until they are mixed.
- Pour a small pool of the serum, about the size of a quarter, into the palm and rub hands together.
- Apply to dampened hair. Keep most of the serum at the outer ends of the hair. Brushing will move a lot of the serum to the scalp.