Page 1 - Reviews - Bob's Red Mill, Potato Flakes, Instant Mashed Potatoes, 16 oz (454 g) - iHerb
KE
Posted on Jan 20, 2022

I love these natural potato flakes - no hidden nasties and are great as a mash, but I use it in making seitan and it gives a soft, luscious mouth feel. Bob's Red Mill is such a quality range of products - it enhances every meal I make and the ingredients are allergy friendly.

Posted on Aug 18, 2021

These potato flakes are great in a pinch, or when I don't feel like making homemade mashed potatoes. They taste better than any instant potatoes I've tried and I love that they are non-GMO! And there are no unwanted added ingredients...just dehydrated potatoes. Makes a great potato soup, too!

Posted on May 28, 2022

This sure beats buying, peeling, cutting up and boiling potatoes then mashing them. Quick, easy and tasty when seasoned the way you like. Also good for including in some baking like shepherds pie and I have enjoyed making a potato gnocci by adding some flour and seasoning to the mix. Well priced for the amount you get and great for camping too.

Posted on Apr 19, 2022

Pre made potato flakes is not really a thing in my country. It's my first time try to make mashed potato from these... and I'm pleasantly surprised! The potato flakes are flavorful even with only water, milk, and salt. It's very easy (and definitely "instant" by cooking standard) to make mashed potato with these flakes. Don't really think you can go wrong with these with the only the cooking basis.

Posted on Apr 18, 2022

I bought this from i herb especially as this product is clean just dehydrated potatoes and nothing else. I totally try to buy everything clean.Perfect package size, so i don't have to make a roux for thickening just use the potato flakes ......endless ways to use this product ............happy happy

Posted on Mar 30, 2022

Of course these make perfect mashed potatoes without the hassle of peeling and boiling, but they also serve just about any other potato role needed (soups, casseroles, etc.). 100% real potatoes and the taste matches. Nothing fake or instant about it. Great to have on hand in case potatoes are called for. Yet another class act from Bob's Red Mill.

Posted on Mar 25, 2022

These are hands down the best potato flakes I've ever purchased! Flavorful and smooth and super simple to make for nights when you're in a hurry. I love that they do NOT have anything additional added to them like grocery store brands. JUST potato! Bob's Red Mill products never disappoint!

Posted on Jan 18, 2022

As far as I know, this is the only instant potatoes on the market that is just potatoes. No other junk. I'd be happier if it were organic, but at least it's certified non-GMO. Very handy to have on hand and tastes like potatoes--because that's what it is. Just potatoes.

Posted on Dec 29, 2021

These are fresh and delicious. They are a cinch to make. All the grocery-store brands have added chemicals. I keep coming back to these because they are only potatoes. That is not easy to find. I add them to boiling water, and then I figure out how to season them. It is so helpful to have these when I am in a hurry. I like them especially before sleeping, because protein can cause insomnia. But a complex carbohydrate like potatoes promotes a sound sleep.

Posted on Nov 1, 2021

These are excellent to have on hand for instant mashed potatoes that aren't filled with unhealthy additives. Of course, don't except it to taste exactly like freshly made. The texture can get a bit 'gloopy' too. Best with some gravy or to use as a replacement for regular mash on top of a Shepard's Pie etc.